This is a favorite recipe of mine that has many benefits this time of year. When wet, the chia seeds have a gel-like consistency, which can soothe and coat, relieving irritation and inflammation. They are also high in fiber, helping constipation, gas and bloating that can be an issue this time of year as we can get dehydrated and as the air starts to dry out. Add the sweetness from the maple syrup and you’ve got a delicious late Pitta season treat.
Matcha Chia Pudding
- ¼ c chia seeds
- 1 c non-dairy milk (I like almond, coconut or a combo of the 2)
- 2 t matcha green tea powder
- ½ T maple syrup
- ½ t vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, add matcha powder and a little warm water and whisk until smooth, then add milk and whisk to blend
- Add chia seeds, maple syrup & vanilla extract. Stir to combine, making sure there are no clumps of chia seeds
- Chill in fridge overnight or for 2-3 hours
- Top with cacao nibs, fresh fruit or granola and enjoy!